Who is not familiar with the famous chicken nuggets? This crispy, delicious treat can be served not only as a snack but also as a full meal when eaten with rice. Besides using easy to find ingredients, cooking the dish is fast and simple.
Though chicken nuggets are readily available in the supermarkets, preparing the homemade version of chicken nuggets is healthier and can be made according to personal taste. Recipes from the Onyx Kitchen will share the following easy recipe:
- 2 pieces of white bread (remove the bread crusts)
- 100 ml fresh milk
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, grated
- 500 gr. minced chicken meat
- ½ tsp. pepper powder
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tsp. salt (as needed)
- oil for frying
- 150 gr. flour or panko panir
- 2 egg whites
How to make:
1. Soak bread in milk until soft. Knead until smooth and set aside.
2. Heat the butter and sauté onions and garlic until fragrant.
3. Mix sautéed onions with the bread batter. Add salt, pepper, egg yolks and chicken meat. Stir until smooth.
4. Use tablespoon to take a spoonful of dough and shape as desired.
5. Dip each piece in egg white then roll in flour.
6. Fry until dry and overcooked.
7. Serve with your favorite sauce.
Note from Onyx Kitchen:
To make healthy chicken nuggets, bake the dough batter layered on top in the oven at 190°C until the outside is dry and filling is cooked. Good luck!
Plates for serving:
Add fun and joy to the all-time-favorite snack food, the chicken nuggets, by serving on our Onyx melamine plates with colorful designs!